Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale


Mmmmmmm, I love this time of year and I love this beer.  Sierra Nevada Celebration is their winter seasonal beer.  An American IPA that comes in at 6.8%.

The beer itself poured an orange/reddish color with about a 3 finger head.  As I drank this the head just stuck around and laced the glass all the way the down.  Beautiful looking beer from start to finish.

First whiff I get a piney hoppiness and some nice bready malt and a touch of sweetness in there.  Very nice aroma to it.  Not overly complex but just very well done.

Absolutely love the taste on this.  Starts with a big piney flavor with a small trace of grapefruitiness in there as well.  Finishes with a nice bitterness and a bready character to it that really just makes the finish on this beer even that much better.

Mouthfeel on this is pretty surprising to me.  It has a medium to full mouthfeel on it.  Really coats yours mouth with flavor and is a nice touch.

Overall, I just have to say I love this beer.  I buy a decent amount of it during the winter when I need a darn good IPA and this always does the trick for me during the winter.  I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't had it (that can't be too many people.)

Cheers ladies and gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment