Sunday, January 6, 2013

Marble Brewery IPA


Got this sent to me as an extra in a trade.  I have had it once before early on and haven't had it since so I am pretty excited to revisit this one!

From Marble's website:

"Columbus, Amarillo and Centennial hops lend a fragrant citrus aroma and snappy hop character to our flagship beer.
6.8% ABV"

To the review!

From can to glass it is a fairly clear reddish orange with a white, maybe off white, 1-2 finger head on it.  Head doesn't last long but it leaves some soapy looking remnants on top of the beer and on the sides of the glass.  Really nice looking beer.

I could smell this thing as I was pouring. Very nice.  Nice peachy aroma! Subtle peach, however.  Not in your face like Heady Topper was.  Some other citrus in there as well. Orange citrus like aroma and not much of the grapefruit citrus.  A nice sweetness that ties in well with that orange and peach note.  Incredible smelling beer!

On the taste I am getting very little malt.  Maybe a bready character to it but this thing is all hops.  I get some of that grapefruit on the palate that I wasn't getting on the nose.  Grapefruit mixed with some peachy orange upfront.  Very nice. While I don't get much malt on the taste the bitterness isn't over powering at all.  The taste is all hop flavor and a lingering note of citrus with a slight bit of bitterness.  Excellent!

Mouthfeel on this was on the bigger side of medium which I didn't remember but I like it.  Really coats the mouth and gives you the wide array of flavors this beer packs.  

This is a fantastic IPA.  While it is rated pretty high on Beer Advocate I think it is better than the 90/100 rating it has.  Though it does lack a balance between malt and hops (I enjoy a hop bomb anyway) the depth of flavor you get in this does not disappoint and doesn't overpower the palate in anyway.  Excellent beer.  I highly recommend trading for this or purchasing it online if it is not available in your area.  You will not be disappointed.

Cheers ladies and gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment