Thursday, November 22, 2012

Founders Breakfast Stout


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving so far!  Mine was actually only decent. Company was great, food was great, beer was great (of course!) but I was incredibly tired from a long shift at work last night and i never really caught my second wind.  This isn't going to stop me from posting a few reviews before bed. I apologize in advance for not getting to all the beers I had in mind for tonight but the last one is a big favorite of mine and I will review it for you guys in the next week.

The pour on this beer was a deep dark brown/black and looked completely black in the glass. Due to the aggressive pour I got a solid 1 finger head on it and a quick swirl left a nice lace around the glass.

The aroma is where the greatness of this beer starts. Really deep dark chocolate and a very nice coffee aroma up front and a nice sweetness mixed in with it as well. Very, very nice smelling beer.

I absolutely love the taste on this one.  Upfront you are hit with dark chocolate and roasted coffee bitterness that leads into a slight sweet milk chocolate. Finishes is smooth and a slight lingering sweetness and bitterness.

This beer just coats the mouth with a velvet like mouth feel.  This is easily one of my favorite beers period and a definite favorite for this time of year.  I go through a lot of this throughout the winter and late fall months.  If you have never had this beer but enjoy something you can sit back with and sip on during a cold crisp night then this is a must buy.

Heck, this is perfect as a pick me up during the afternoon game on Thanksgiving :)

Cheers ladies and gentlemen,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment