Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hello


My name is Daniel and about 1 and a half years ago craft beer changed my life.  This may sound cliche to some of you but those who are in deep with the craft beer community or even just scratching the surface can relate.  In high school and even after I graduated I was like a lot of young adults. I went to parties and drank the typical Miller Lite, Keystone, Bud Light, the usual macro lagers.  It wasn’t until I had Fat Tire that things started to change.  Some of you may be thinking “Well, I’ve had Fat Tire and it was ok, what is the big deal?”  Well, my friends, it was a very big deal to me!  From then i ventured to liquor stores and searched for things that seemed different.  Things like Hoegarden and Gumballhead were some of my first purchases made.  I was curious as to why these seemed so much different than the typical beer i was used to.  I simply googled these beers and was hoping to find more information about them and what made them so different.  I then found Beeradvocate.com.  I made an account there and i just lurked the forums, reading articles and posts about all these different beers i had never heard of but were talked about constantly by those who had access to them and wanted by those who could not.  What I’m here to say is that there is so much more out there than just your typical American Adjunt Lager. There are styles like IPAs, which are extremely popular between hardcore beer geeks and those not so deep into the craft scene.  Stouts, whether they are Russian Imperial Stouts, or Irish Dry Stouts, or American stouts.  Red/Amber ales, wheat beers, Wit beers, so many different styles and all very tasty.  There is a style out there for everyone and anyone.

The purpose of this blog is to simply inform you of what beer can and should be and hopefully expand your horizons and lead you out there door to find your Fat Tire.

I will post pictures and reviews of beers i have had the opportunity of trying and hopefully give everyone and let everyone in on the fun!

I will leave you with this,
“Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain.
Quantist thoughts – queerest fancies,
Come to life and fade away:
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.”
– Edgar Allan Poe


Cheers ladies and gentleman!

No comments:

Post a Comment